Sunday, October 8, 2017

Mr Mom Week

Our week started off with Parent Teacher Conferences with Luke's teacher.  She said he's really smart, and super funny, and confessed that she has to turn her face to hide her laughter at some of his witty commentary.  I took him to lunch at Sidewinders to "celebrate" his great conference. 

Selfie with my sweet boy!

Tuesday we met daddy at Starky's for lunch.  The silly boys are my favorite boys. 

See, more normal smiles are nice too. 

Wednesday I flew to Vegas for a work trip.  This was the homework scene.  Impressive, daddy!

Daddy let the "which" stir the witches brew (aka spaghetti)...never a dull moment! 

I stayed at the MGM. I haven't been to Vegas in about 6 years and I had almost forgot how over the top everything is there.  It was surreal to be there just a few days after the shooting massacre.  We drove by the Mandalay Bay on the way to the hotel from the airport, and the windows were still broken out of the shooter's room, and the Route 91 concert venue is still an active crime scene.  It was an eerie feeling to be there in person. 

Thursday morning I went to Barnard's Lake Mead jobsite.  I thought it was kind of funny that I was going from hard hat to high heels in a matter of hours, so I made someone take my picture to prove I was there. 
I went to a Rodan and Fields convention for 3 days. It was amazing, so many great sessions to motivate me and teach me, and so many cool women that I got to meet. I went to dinner with some new friends, and we walked back on the Strip.  One of them hadn't been to Vegas before so we took in some "classic" sights...like this pretty fountain that was dancing to music. 

We stopped in a super fun candy store.  I got the boys some gummy brains to bring home, because why not? 


Love the lights at night!

I missed some killer football games...Josh's team won their game and so did Luke. I love the pink socks for October! 
Luke got to go to his friend Sam's camping sleepover birthday party on the Madison River.  Lucky kid!


Sam and his brother, Cam, have birthdays very close together so they always share a party.  8 guests, 10 total boys, for a camping overnight sounds pretty fun! 

Luke was so impressed that they had  a 3-room tent!


Josh and dad went to the Cats game. I love that Josh and Kyler are so into it!

Sunday morning Josh and dad went shooting again, and Josh drove the truck again.  He's getting better each time.  

I had a long layover in SLC (my flight out of Vegas was delayed and I had 4 hours instead of 30 minutes...) so I got to see my Hilerie!!  We sat and visited for 2 1/2 hours, and it was glorious!  Oh how a visit from your best friend just sets you right!  

No comments:

Post a Comment