Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Week in Review

Wednesday Josh got meet a sergeant on the police force at cub scouts. They were told to make the hero's a thank you certificate, and Josh wrote a hand written note that simply said "thank you for keeping our town safe." 

Friday morning was the Bike Train to school day.  We met at La Tinga in our neighborhood and rode to school. There were about 30 kids and 5 adults.  This is the principal (she lives in our neighborhood) outlining the safety rules. 

We led the pack, Josh wasn't about to let us not lead, and I loved the view over my shoulder of all these kids. 

Friday night we had a pizza party for Luke's team. It was really fun, and Josh loved his new creation - pizza sandwich. 

Saturday we watched 4 lacrosse games.  Luke was bored for nearly all of that, so eventually he took to photography to pass the time. 

Sunday morning I was treated to hand made gifts from Luke. I love this note so much!
Luke made me this letter and a painting of a beach sunset.

ps. Can you read "when I have a problem you solve it" without starting sing Ice Ice Baby?

Josh made this card for me, and also gave me a painting of a lightning storm and a gift card to amazon (they have everything! he explained), and some chocolates. :) 



After presents we went to the Mother's Day 5K--everyone agreed willingly to run in it!  

I love how big their shirts are!

This is pre-race, when Luke claimed he would run.  

Turned out he ran about 1/2 mile maybe, and then walked the rest under extreme defiance.  Poor Mike!  

He wouldn't even run across the finish line. His stubbornness is shocking sometimes. 

This kid!  He ran super fast -- he finished in 27:55, good enough for 2nd in his age group!  I tried to keep up with him, but my achilles was giving me trouble, so I decided to just run with my friend Anika.  I knew I didn't have the patience to walk with Luke, so Anika was the perfect solution! I'm so proud of Josh, he just loves to run. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment