Sunday, November 29, 2015

Grateful


Luke asked me to come upstairs while he was playing, and I of course joined him. He just wanted to play with his lego creations by himself, but he wanted someone with him. I looked up and realized that he is small enough to fit on the trunk to play. This will only last so long, and I wanted to capture this moment when he's playing on top of tables instead of standing next to them.  Sweet Sigh. 

Tuesday at school the first graders did their annual Friendship Feast.  Luke didn't want to smile, but he was in a fine little mood! I LOVE his construction paper hat that is a turkey.


This is their table.  Believe it or not, they all sat and ate nicely for their feast. 

They sang a song about being thankful, complete with sign language actions to accompany it -- melted my heart. 

This is my attempt for a real smile,  even his teacher was in on it (she's the arm tickling him), but not much luck. 

Close to a smile...close.

That night the boys had a living room sleep over.  

Aren't these the coolest kids?


Ruby wanted in on the action. She's actually asleep here. 

Wednesday I went to work and Mike stayed home with the kids.  In case you were counting how many times this has ever happened, this is #1.  It was AMAZING for all of us. The boys started their big day with pancakes, even some cooked by Josh! 
Daddy made a BB8 pancake (the new droid from star wars)

Thursday morning Mike and Josh went for a hiking hunt.  

They're looking forward to next year when Josh will have an apprentice hunter license. 

He looks SO serious.

Somehow I did not take a single picture from Thanksgiving or the big meal.  Also, no pictures from Friday.  I shopped and wrapped gifts, we ate like pigs, and somehow none of it was photo-worthy. 

Saturday morning we decided to decorate for Christmas.  The boys were having a dance party when I turned on the Christmas songs 

Saturday we went sledding. 
They thought they were so cool in their santa hats. 

We went to Bridger -- it's public before it opens for the season  -- and the boys got one lucky ride up the Big Hill.  

This is his victory smile. 

Ruby loved being able to go sledding with the boys.  There were several dogs and she was in heaven. 

Luke's running start...

To this epic run.

Victory!  He beat me in our one race, and this is what I got when I asked who won. :) 





Mike is clearly making a late-year run for Father of The Year. The boys asked him to film them as they slid down this new snow pile, and this is where he thought the best angle would be captured. 

Luke is following in Josh's foot steps with no respect for his body and no fear.  

Getting another ride, this time to the car.

Ruby love her big brother. 
I asked the boys to go to the mud room while I got ready to go to the restaurant, this is what they did. 


So happy! 
So silly.

I was craving a burger, so we went to Red Chair and Josh created a tasty ice cream creation on his kid's menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment