Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bear Lake Utah

 
 Luke and I drove to Bear Lake, Utah for the weekend. We met Hilerie and her husband, Kenny. Kenny and I did a triathlon Saturday morning, but the rest of the weekend was just camping and enjoying each others' company.

Luke had a nice nap in the car.  That is a walkie talkie in his lap -- he was talking to me in the front seat with it.  I didn't have one up there, it was just fun to talk through.  This road trip took us 8 hours and that sweet Lukey never once complained. 
Friday after we (finally) arrived, Luke got some much needed fresh air and playing in the dirt time. He was making a pit for me, a kind and generous gift indeed. The blurry rock was his digging tool.

 
 
Saturday after the triathlon (I had a huge 6 minute PR and was thrilled with how fun of a race it was, and Kenny got third in his age group!), we all took naps and had a lazy afternoon fishing.  Hilerie's kids are getting so big -- Emily just turned 12 and Ty just turned 10.  This sun soaked sitting on the sandy shores was a lovely way to spend the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment