Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ski Rookies

 

Josh, in his second year of lessons, started out on the chairlift to Snowflake.  He was assigned to a super fun instructor, who apparently thought Josh's chairlift banter was funny.
 
Josh is much more comfortable on skis than I thought he'd be, check out the crazy arms.

But maybe he should be a bit more in the moment, because these two crashed into each other seconds after this picture was taken. Boys.

 

 

 

This was at the bottom of Luke's first time skiing, even if it was a 10' berm of a run. 

His class is fully of tiny little cuties. 

He fell down a lot, and this was his extremely patient teacher picking him up. Again.

 
I took my first lesson today too. It was really fun. We started out with the basics like naming the parts of the ski, and then did the same drills that the babies did.  I moved a bit faster through them than the preschoolers (go Kath), and soon I was on Snowflake with Josh. See him in the left there?
 
This was my very first 10' run, just like Luke's above.  Not as scary as I thought!
 
Mike even caught me smiling.  I can't wait for the next lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment